Brophy Mothers’ Guild
2016-17 Executive Board
Joni Owen, Amy Bonner, Natalie Leber, Deidra Gilligan, Stacy Ames, Nancy Holben-Bates, Colleen Maruster, Kim McCann
Dear Brophy Moms,
Welcome! We are so happy to have you join the Brophy Mothers’ Guild. One of the many benefits of being active in the Mothers’ Guild is connecting with other moms. The Mothers’ Guild supports and serves the faculty, staff, and our boys at Brophy in a variety of ways through a number of different committees. We also support each other as we share this journey of raising teen-aged boys through their high school years.
One of our tasks is to keep you up-to-date on everything that is going on at Brophy. In order to do that we have these communication tools:
- Mothers’ Guild website: offers links to documents and forms
- Brophy E-news: this school newsletter comes out bi-monthly and will include a Mothers’ Guild section.
Another aspect of the Guild is to provide fellowship and social opportunities. Please plan to join us at these fun and informative events at the beginning of our school year:
- New Parent Coffee, Monday, August 8th 7:30am in Harper Great Hall – after you drop off your son for Orientation, walk over to the Harper Great Hall and meet other moms, dads, Mothers’ Guild Committee chairs, and Brophy Administration to learn about all the programs, events and committees that we have to offer.
- New Parent Luncheon: Wednesday, August 31st – Our annual luncheon provides an opportunity for freshman and new transfer moms to meet in a relaxed setting while enjoying a yummy lunch. An invitation will be emailed in July.
- Mothers’ Guild Welcome Mass and Meeting: Thursday, September 15th – All mothers’ are invited to attend mass in the Brophy Chapel beginning at 10:30am (all faiths are welcome) followed by a complimentary lunch and our first Guild Meeting beginning at 11:30am in Harper Great Hall. Freshmen moms will have tables reserved so that you can meet the moms of your son’s classmates. Principal Bob Ryan will share his plans for the upcoming school year.
I encourage you all to attend the monthly Mothers’ Guild meetings. At each meeting you can learn about what is happening at Brophy. You will find that getting involved is the best way to appreciate and understand the Jesuit way of teaching and it will help you begin to feel at home at Brophy. Mothers’ Guild meetings are held once a month from September through April. There are also are evening meetings to accommodate working moms.
Please join us. We look forward to connecting, serving and supporting together!
Brophy Mothers’ Guild President 2016-2017
REPORTS & GUIDELINES: